Thursday, April 09, 2009

April Showers...Um, Snow



It's the beginning of April, and with that comes the smell of spring in the air, the start of baseball season, BBQ's, no more winter coats, and...SNOW? Yes, the first two days of the week dumped some snow around here, but it's all gone away now. Still, gotta love Canada where the Toronto Blue Jays start their baseball season (and they won! May as well enjoy it, there won't be many this year) while it's snowing outside and I drive to work in this:


Sill, I loved it and wished it would stay snowy right through August. I guess I should move further north.

And in an unrelated picture, I managed to snap this shop driving along the highway in town. My '89 Dodge Ram about to pass an old '89 city bus. They have mostly newer ones now, but this has to be one of the older ones in the fleet. Still, they don't make them like they used to when two 20 year old vehicles can still be Kings of the Road.

Comments on "April Showers...Um, Snow"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 09, 2009 6:49 PM) : 

Is that duct tape on your side mirror? :-)

originallru

 

Blogger Alexander Field said ... (April 09, 2009 11:21 PM) : 

Wow, bummer. It was warm here today - springtime in California...whatcha going to do? To my eyes, the snow is gorgeous...but I'm sure that perspective would change if I lived in it all Winter long! : )

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (April 10, 2009 6:38 AM) : 

We may all experience the pleasure of driving a twenty year old vehicle if our current national trends continue. Have a great Easter even if the snow is melting. Pappy

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (April 11, 2009 8:09 PM) : 

My truck's only 8 or 9 years old, but its age is starting to show. I'll drive it till I dies, I reckon.

Snow is only sometimes my friend. I lived my early years in Oregon, and was accustomed to snow from mid-autumn to mid-spring, but then I moved to Arkansas and California, then Arkansas again, and we contend with nasty rains, winds, and ice storms. I'd much rather have several feet of snow than a couple inches of solid ice.

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (May 16, 2009 12:26 PM) : 

Just checkin' in.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 18, 2009 8:02 AM) : 

Thanks Keanan. I'm still around, just in the shadows :)

 

post a comment