Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random Bits

Favorite song lyric of the night: "She ain't ashamed to be a woman, or afraid to be a friend..." Any guesses? No Google allowed...

Tonight one of the chips fell...the right way, for a change. Onward.

Came home from work and sat down and read for three straight hours. I'm now into book 7 of 9 in the Garth Ennis "Preacher" series of graphic novels. It's action packed, heart breaking, thought provoking, downright profane, and laugh out loud funny and I'm loving every minute of it. Wouldn't let a kid within ten feet of the books, but it sure does work to put your mind in a different spot...

Now if only I could managed some non sleep deprived time to continue writing Allison and the truck driver's epic tale...

So, done made it through another week. Only 45 left to go before it's adios '09. Can't wait for that - still tired and wired here. Nobody said it would be easy, but it don't have to be this hard (another lyric. guesses?) But then, to quote the Preacher, Jesse Custer, "Aw, f$ck this self pityin' bullshit. I dunno. Could be all I need's to shift down a gear." Could be...

Comments on "Random Bits"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (February 22, 2009 7:08 AM) : 

Back with a vengance. All Right. Good to see you in my comments section this morning. It's actually chilly by our standards here this morning. Hope you win the Mega-Millions lottery so you can quote the lyrics to that famous Johnny Paycheck song, "Take this job and shove it...." Pappy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 22, 2009 5:27 PM) : 

Shifting down a gear.... I like that. Nice way to put it.

originallru

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 22, 2009 7:37 PM) : 

Yeah, Willie sings a good song! :)

Did some reviews on The Preacher...there has got to be more quality reading material out there, conducive to a peaceful night's sleep....

As for ending 2009 in a hurry, I just want to enjoy every minute of every day, before it's all gone forever! :)

bookworm

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (February 23, 2009 2:10 AM) : 

Thanks Texican. If I win the lottery I'll be singing that song loud and proud.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (February 23, 2009 2:12 AM) : 

Bookworm: I actually haven't heard Willie sing that song, but maybe he did. I was listening to Waylon sing "Lovin' Her Was Easier". Kris does a good version too.

As for Preacher, I'm sure you wouldn't like it, but it's so far out there it clears the cobwebs for me :)

thanks for the comments!

 

post a comment