Monday, April 28, 2008

Slowly But Surely...

...I'm getting back to upgrading and modifying my setup here at home.  I had the ideas of what I wanted to do, but then got derailed by the job.  Now that I've put in a month there and am getting used to it, I can now think about other things again.

Finally got around to setting up my Picnik account like I mentioned in the other post, and now I've installed the new web browser Flock on my Mac.  This is one very cool browser for those of us plugged into various social networking, blogging, and media sharing sites.  Once you get it setup, you've got very quick and easy access to your favorite sites in the sidebar - Facebook, Flikr, Youtube, Twitter, etc - that continue updates and access even while you surf off to other sites.  It also has a photo uploader and blog editor included that makes it easy to get your thoughts and pics online without the usual 35 mouse clicks.  There's even drag and drop abilities built in.  The media bar is also pretty cool.  Again, quick access to your friends uploads or Flikr or Youtube top picks.  There's also an RSS feed reader built in too so you don't have to keep clicking back to your fave sites.  There's certainly been some thought put into this browser with a plethora of options built in for the Web 2.0 crowd.  I'm going to keep putting it through it's paces, but I like what I see so far.  Didn't think anything would pull me away from Firefox, but Flock just might.

Also got my old PC hooked to my TV (still a tube, no LCD yet :) so I can watch my DVD's and videos while I compute on the Mac.  And with the wireless Apple Airport Express working away, it's all networked quite nicely.  Someday I'll have a big screen TV on the wall, but still got other bills to pay first.

Now I'm blogging, surfing, and watching my new DVD's of the old TV show The Equalizer.  That was a cool show - basically a version of the Punisher, but a British version with more class and witty retorts.  But he knew how to meet out the justice to the bad guys.  "Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer."

Comments on "Slowly But Surely..."

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (April 28, 2008 7:13 AM) : 

The Equalizer. We can still get the old shows on some of the re-run channels. I always liked his style. Glad you are back on a more regular basis.

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (April 28, 2008 3:45 PM) : 

Flock? Picnik? I'm gonna have to check this stuff out!

Always liked The Equalizer. That was a cool show. Never missed an episode, if I could help it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 28, 2008 10:02 PM) : 

Edward Woodward, the Equalizer, was great in this series. I wish I had the dvds.
You've got a nice interesting blog!
I'll be back!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 29, 2008 5:44 PM) : 

I've been using Flock for a few months and really liking it. Also test driving Safari for Windows which loads SUPER fast but I'm missing the social networking capabilities of Flock.

Good to have you back!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (April 30, 2008 3:51 AM) : 

Texican: Thanks. And yes, the older shows seem to be more entertaining than whats "new and improved" these days.


Keanan: Flock and Picnik are worth a look. I enjoyed the Equalizer and the Rockford Files thanks to A&E back in the 90s. Now I have the DVDs!


Bachelor: Hi, thanks for stopping by and commenting! There's word that they are going to do a movie remake of Equalizer. I don't know who could fill Edward's shoes.


Marina: Thanks. Yep, Safari is quick, but I'm impressed with the features in Flock. Just might sway me over to it as my default browser.

 

post a comment