Sunday, December 30, 2007

Will It Get Me To A Theatre?

So, looking at the list, as of right now based on what I've seen trailer wise so far, I'd have to rate my anticipation list like this:

RAMBO 4
THE DARK KNIGHT
PUNISHER: WAR ZONE (ok, no trailer yet, but it gets a pass because it's the Punisher and what I hear about it keeps me hoping it's going to be good :)
WAR, INC
CLEANER
BE KIND, REWIND
GET SMART
IRON MAN
WANTED
HOW TO LOSE FRIENDS AND ALIENATE PEOPLE

And, as of now, the list of "will it get me into a theatre instead of waiting for DVD?" would look like this:
RAMBO 4
THE DARK KNIGHT
PUNISHER: WAR ZONE
WAR, INC

Yikes. Out of a list of 56 movies that caught my attention when I made my list, 4 have been deemed immediately theatre worthy. The rest are theatre maybes and on the DVD list, even though there are some quite intriguing movies here. I'm sure that'll change as I see more trailers and whatever mood I'm in on any given week, but wow, that sure points out how much I have come to dislike the theatre experience. I don't mind going to the theatre or even the cost. If they'd post the actual start time, get rid of the commercials, have reserved seating, and manage to get rid of the rift raft of idiots that inhabit the theatre, I would probably go more often.

Oh well, guess I'm better off investing in a big screen TV and going to Blockbuster. Thank goodness those theatre to DVD windows keep getting shorter. At the very least, 2008 would appear to have some better flicks than the three-quel-itis that 2007 was.

One can only hope.

Comments on "Will It Get Me To A Theatre?"

 

post a comment