Thursday, November 08, 2007

Same Old...

Not much new here...except I'm sick again - second time in two months! What the? Drowning in your own head fluids kinda blows...literally.

Found this on the web via ComingSoon.net - a promo trailer for the upcoming Righteous Kill starring Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino. It's a cop drama, of course, and I'm looking forward to seeing it, but the trailer plays a little too "amped" than what I was expecting. Maybe it was the music, but I guess I was wishing for something more Michael Mann-ish than that, but this isn't a Heat sequel. I think the movie should be good, but the promo trailer needs some work. Check it out here.

Guess the Country Music Awards were on tonight. I used to watch these shows all the time, but they kept getting worse and worse. CMT was rerunning the show when I got home and everytime I flipped over to it I thought "Who are these people?" and not in a good way. I expect new people on the shows as the years go on, but could they at least sing country? (A Rascal Flatts & Jaimie Fox duet? On the CMA's? Really?) At least Brad Paisley won for Male Vocalist and George Strait won Album, so they handed out awards to two country singers at least. And Brooks & Dunn's streak in the Vocal Duo category came to an unsurprising end (really, what happened to those guys?), but to lose to Sugarland? Ouch.

Comments on "Same Old..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 08, 2007 2:43 PM) : 

Oh man. I hope you feel better soon. I'm just getting over my third cold this year!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 08, 2007 3:48 PM) : 

Thanks for the well wishes! Hope you're feeling good again soon too.

 

post a comment