Thursday, October 25, 2007

Left To Write...

Look at that, it's almost November. And that means cooler temps - finally! - and NaNoWriMo, National November Writing Month. Basically it's an online community of writers trying to accomplish a 50,000 word novel in a month. Last year, I wanted to take a shot at it, but I was in a stretch of being bumped up to temp fulltime at work and only got about 8000 words or so down. So, I thought I'll try it again next year. What are the odds I'd be bumped back up to temp fulltime again, at the same time of year? Yep, that's what happened...

So, no chance of doing it this year. Maybe I should just carry on with where I left off the last time, and six years later I'll have close to 50,000 words if I stay at the same pace of once a year November writing.

Of course, that means I have to think up another 8000 words to write. Shouldn't be a problem, that's what - 267 words a day? I could knock that out in my sleep...as long as quality and making sense aren't expected.

Speaking of writing, I gotta post up that 3rd part of the Stranger 10 story, having written it and all. Still mulling a point or two, but maybe I should just put it up before they refer to me and Frank Miller's ASBAR in the same sentence (just Google it...)

Comments on "Left To Write..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 25, 2007 12:29 PM) : 

Oi. It seems like just yesterday that this writing competition was going to start. Wow. Where did the year go?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 25, 2007 12:42 PM) : 

And speaking of releasing things, shouldn't you put last year's project out there? :-) We want to read more than the teaser we saw on the side panel, you know!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 25, 2007 3:43 PM) : 

marina - no kidding, that year went by quick. if I blink again, it'll be next year!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 25, 2007 3:43 PM) : 

originallru - ok, but how to do it? it's a little long for a blog post :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 25, 2007 9:03 PM) : 

If you save it as HTML, you can put it on my website, as a subfolder, if you like, then link to it from here.

 

post a comment