Friday, October 12, 2007

My Mac Is Here

Woohoo! Finally, I am posting this from my very own Mac! A Mac Mini that I ordered from the refurbed apple site. Was surprised to see a latest version C2D with a gig of RAM and iLife 08 included for a pretty good price, so I ordered it. Couple days later it was here and I got it hooked up tonight. Pretty nifty little machine - especially considering the space saving design when compared to my other huge PC desktop beside it.

Anyway, I got Firefox and VLC (the trusty media player of choice) installed for some familiar programs that just work, so its looking good so far. Can't wait to really get into it, but going to have to go off to bed here. Gotta work and all. I'm sure I'll post more later as I get this thing going...

Comments on "My Mac Is Here"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 12, 2007 12:31 PM) : 

Woohoo! Congrats! You'll have to keep us posted on how things are going because I think I want to buy one of those in the early new year. Maybe with my Christmas bonus...

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 12, 2007 3:07 PM) : 

Thanks. Its pretty cool little machine. The test is going to come when I do the migration from my old PC to the new MAC of my email and files and stuff. Should generate some good blog fodder :)

 

post a comment