Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Theatre Worthy?

Haven't posted much movie news lately...'cause, well, there hasn't been much interesting to post about. Plus, I've pretty much given up on theatres (high prices and rude idiots), so I'm on the DVD cycle. I would have paid to watch the western 3:10 to Yuma in September, but it looks like I missed that one thanks to a crappy month and four week flu bug. Now here comes October with a couple more movies I'd love to see, but who knows if I will.


First up this coming weekend is the cops and crime thriller We Own The Night. It stars Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Walberg, Robert Duvall, and Eva Mendes. Great cast and crime thriller movies are right up my alley. The movie tagline goes: "Two brothers on opposite sides of the law. Beyond their differences lies loyalty." Should be good.

Check out the trailer here.


Then next weekend (19th) is Gone Baby Gone. Directed by Ben Affleck and based on a book by the author of Mystic River, it focuses on a young Private Detective on the case of a missing girl. Cops, crime, and corruption follow as the risks get higher. It stars Casey Affleck, Morgan Freeman, Ed Harris, and Michelle Monaghan. The trailer looks great, and I'm betting it'll be a really good movie.

Check out the trailer here.


Maybe if my ears stop ringing again and I can sneak in a Monday afternoon show or something, I can work in seeing these. It's certainly not the usual dumb teenager fare, so maybe there won't be as many idiots in the theater if I find a way to get to one. One could hope...

Comments on "Theatre Worthy?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 09, 2007 6:30 AM) : 

They both look pretty good! Thanks for the tips.

 

post a comment