Monday, July 02, 2007

Holiday Weekend...

Um…Happy Canada Day for yesterday. Oh Canada, and all that. Now back to your regularly scheduled over taxation…

This is an odd holiday weekend around here. Stores were open on the Sunday Holiday, but are closed on Monday. Banks and government offices take them both off, and yet City bus routes are running full schedule on Monday – when everything is closed and nobody is going anywhere. Sounds like top drawer city planning to me…

Of course, to a true Canadian July 1st is all about one thing: NHL Free Agent season begins! Hockey players were moving all over the map as the big spenders came out in full force. The NY Rangers blew a stack of cash getting a couple big names, Philly continued to rebuild, Edmonton traded away another heart and soul player, and the Toronto Maple Laughs signed 40 goal scorer Jason Blake from the Islanders. Combined with their previous trade for mid level goalie Toskala, and they are shoe ins for the Stanley Cup next year – right Leaf Fans? I’m sure they’re planning the parade route right now. Sarcasm aside, it’s a decent signing, and might be just enough to get them into the playoffs next year so the top brass can get those playoff gate revenues. They’re still light years away from a Cup though…

I’ve got my computer just about all backed up, so the official reformat can soon begin. I think this time I’ll try to partition the hard drive again with Windows and Debian Linux. See how that goes. Then I’ll try KnoppMyth on my other test hard drive and see if that’s an easy enough solution to my dream PVR computer setup. ‘Course, if I could get a used AppleTV for about a 100 bucks, I’d just hack it and go that route. But I’m not paying $450 for what I might be able to do with some old hardware I’ve got and some headaches while I travel a learning curve. ‘Course that might change depending on frustration levels…

Comments on "Holiday Weekend..."

 

post a comment