Friday, June 29, 2007

Tagged With Questions...

Hey look, I've been tagged. Heidi over at Comics Fairplay tagged me with a meme going around called "The Eight Questions of Blazing Death." Why it's called that, I have no idea. This is the gist of it:

"Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names."

1. I can do just about anything naturally with either my left or right hand, except for cursive handwriting (printing I can do). My dominant hand is right, but I can usually switch to my left without a problem.

2. I have three kidneys. It's no secret on my blog here that I've been on dialysis and had a kidney transplant, but what always throws people is when they find out I have 3 kidneys in me now. My now defunct original two, and the upgrade I got a couple years back. Modern medicine can be oddly cool sometimes.

3. I really, really want to learn sign language. I just have to get off my butt and do it. It's the only other language I've ever had any interest in learning.

4. I wanted to be a Private Investigator, and might have been (had a job offer), but health problems kicked in. As a side note, I took Law and Investigation in college, and one of the classes was forensics. Coolest most fascinating class I've ever taken. Watched autopsies, broke glass and learned how to reassemble it, learned about fire burn marks and blood splatter, and more. Just awesomely cool stuff.

5. I love old 40's movies. Bogart and old noir films especially. Casablanca is a definite favorite.

6. I like Pepsi, hate the taste of Coke. Can't drink either one anymore. I miss Pepsi with Pizza...

7. I'm a Canadian, and have been out west all the way to Vancouver Island a couple times and traveled through the Rockies, but never been further East than Ottawa. No real desire to either. I'd rather travel West again or go up north. Tuktyuktuk, NWT!

8. After getting burned out on school texts, it was the book The Reckoning by James Byron Huggins that got me back into reading. It was the graphic novel Sin City: The Hard Goodbye by Frank Miller that made me want to try to write.


And there ya go. Some bits of info about the elusive Eaglewing :)
As for tagging others, I'm too tired at the moment to do up HTML links and so forth, but if anyone who reads this wants to do a list up and continue it on across the web, leave a comment and I'll put up a link to ya. Or do a quick list in the comment section too...

Comments on "Tagged With Questions..."

 

Blogger Heidi Meeley said ... (June 30, 2007 4:25 PM) : 

Thank you so much for humoring me! You are very interesting and talented! It sounds like you have traveled pretty extensively in Canada, but what about the states? Just curious. I am very jealous that you took forensics!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (June 30, 2007 4:50 PM) : 

Thank you. Yeah, I guess I have seen a bit of Canada, but it's been awhile since I've done any traveling. Most of it was when I was younger. We did the requisite Disneyland Florida trip as a family vacation when I was a kid, and on one of the drives out west we swung through Montana, but that's been about it for Stateside.

There are places I'd like to see (Las Vegas, Texas, San Fran), but with some of the horror stories I hear lately about customs hassles and getting across the border now, my interest in traveling to the States is pretty much gone, thanks to political impediments. If I do any traveling at this point, I'd like to do a train trip out west to BC again. I think a train ride through the Rockies would be great, as I love the mountains.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (March 10, 2008 6:09 AM) : 

Way to go. Thanks so much for sharing. I feel like I know you better already. I spent 30 years as a detective and still do a little on the side when I need some extra coin. I'm going to check out your other meme as soon as I leave this one.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 11, 2008 3:46 AM) : 

I can only imagine the stories and experiences you had in 30 years of detective work. Must have been quite a life.

 

post a comment