Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Here and There...

I actually ate at McDonald’s the other week. Haven’t eaten there in a while, but the food was surprisingly decent. Tried their sandwiches – the ham and swiss – and it was really good. Better sandwich than Tim Horton’s too. McDonald’s fries still are some of the worst around, but ok if they’re hot. Lukewarm to cool is no good at all though. But what is with McDonald’s stinginess with the napkins? Usually you get one or two when you go through a drivethrough, but these guys were on some no napkin manifesto. Plus, they made sure to ask if I wanted salt or ketchup – those weren’t coming free either. The next time I went through, they didn’t even ask that. Six bucks for a ham and swiss sandwich meal and they can’t even throw in some ketchup and napkins? Is McDonalds that hard up?

Anyone seen Nelly Furtado’s attempts at becoming a pop dance diva? Personally, I find the music annoying, but what caught my attention – and not in a good way – was when I saw her on Leno one night and thought those choreographed dance moves she was trying to do were some of the most awkward looking hip gyrations I’ve ever seen. Of course, that looks like poetry in motion compared to Beyonce’s seizure dancing that show’s up in her Déjà vu video. That just looks painful – for her and the viewer. Hey, there’s not much on at 3 in the morning. Much More Music videos has to pass as entertainment over infomercials…

Oh, and by the way, I updated my sidebar and put some quick links there to movie reviews I’ve done. That way you don’t have to weed through McDonald’s rants to find what I thought of Copland…

Comments on "Here and There..."

 

post a comment