Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Memory As Good As Logan's...

There is now a website up for the X-Men 3 DVD coming October 3. Not a lot there really – the same mutant profiles and wallpapers as the movie site and a desktop theme that is not available yet.

However, there are 6 movie clips that you can watch. The fifth one was interesting to me…
How did I miss that in the movie? Is that an extended scene, or did I watch the movie twice and just not catch that? In the quick clip, Logan and Storm are in Jean’s house fighting Juggernaut and Callisto. Logan is having a tough time with Juggernaut, but manages to dig his claws into him. Then he yells out to Storm who throws a bolt of lightning at his other hand with claws extended. Logan uses his adamantium frame and his own body as a conductor to fry Juggernaut. Of course, Logan will heal, and it’s a good way to slow down Juggs.
It’s a pretty cool fight moment, but I don’t remember seeing that in the movie. Same for the parts where Storm tries to throw lightning bolts at Callisto, but Callisto blocks Storm’s arm and the ceiling winds up with holes in it. That house sequence was one of the few parts of the movie that was really well done, but how did I miss stuff like that?

Maybe I’m getting old…

Comments on "A Memory As Good As Logan's..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 25, 2006 3:18 PM) : 

I only saw it once but I don't remember this part either and I'm pretty sure I'd remember Wolverine conducting lightning...

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (September 25, 2006 4:21 PM) : 

I'm wondering if the DVD will have scenes added into the movie, or maybe improved scenes added in. The movie was so rushed to theatres that they may not have had time to finish the special effects. Another 3 months work on it may have the DVD looking better than the movie we got in theatres.

I remember during that scene I was confused how they suddenly went from brawling through the house to Wolverine clawing his way across the ceiling. I remember thinking - "Where did Juggernaut go?" Maybe this explains it...

 

post a comment