Tuesday, September 19, 2006

X-Men 3 DVD a Double Dip

Ratner On the X-Men DVD

Oh I'm shocked, just shocked, that they would douple dip and have a Special Edition coming out soon. Really, though, who didn't see this coming? The release on October 3 is a single disc, as far as I can tell, whether you get the special 'Stan Lee Collection' or the basic one. Now, both the previous films came out on 2 disc editions, and Singer proclaimed he hated double dips on the X-Men 1.5 release (oh, the irony), and there was no double dip on X2, so with him gone and Fox in charge, you just knew this was going to happen.

I haven't heard a date yet, but if you're going out to but this DVD on October 3, consider yourself warned. The one thing I am interested in on the Oct 3 release is the three alternate endings. Just how bad were the other two that they went with the one they did? Sure, I enjoyed the movie, but it could have been just so much better...

Comments on "X-Men 3 DVD a Double Dip"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 19, 2006 3:48 PM) : 

The double dip is such a rip. And I'm interested in seeing the alternate endings as well. I was extremely disappointed by this movie but I'll add it to the collection because it'll complete the set but I didn't really like it all that much - particularly the ending. How bad indeed were the other ones...

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (September 19, 2006 4:08 PM) : 

I enjoyed it on it's own for what it was (popcorn action flick), but as the end to the trilogy it was a big disappointment. I'll probably rent this one for the sparse extras and buy the Special Edition to complete the set whenever it comes out...

 

post a comment