Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Deja Vu All Over Again...

A new trailer for the next Denzel Washington movie - Deja Vu (Nov.22) - is online over at Yahoo Movies.

Looks like an interesting take on the time travel genre. It's also a movie filmed in post-Katrina Louisiana. For that alone, it'd be interesting to watch for the cinematography.

However, I like the feel of the trailer, and I can enjoy the notion of time travel in movies (when done right), and Denzel Washington is always watchable. Directed by Tony Scott could be good or bad though. If he doesn't get too carried away with camera tricks and quick edits, it'll be good. I really liked Man on Fire and thought the camera effects worked really well for that one, but I have yet to sit through Domino, so we'll see. The only thing I didn't like about the trailer was the weird KITT sounding, movie-guy, voice over at the beginning. Kinda took me out of it there for a second...

As a side note - looking at IMDB's listing for Tony Scott, he's set to direct a remake of The Warriors?! That was a movie I didn't know anything about till I caught it on Spike TV one night and thoroughly enjoyed it - cheesiness and all. I can't imagine what an updated Tony Scott remake is going to look like...

Comments on "Deja Vu All Over Again..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 26, 2006 4:41 PM) : 

I was surprised by how much I liked "Man on Fire". The book was enjoyable but the movie was that much better. As for "Domino", I was really un-impressed by that one. If anything, it was a huge disappointment, although Keira looks fantastic.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 01, 2006 11:41 PM) : 

Yes, Man on Fire was quite a good movie, and Denzel's performance in it was outstanding...

 

post a comment