Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pirates 2 Breaks Records

Depp's 'Pirates' plunders record $132M - Yahoo! News

Wow. Everyone knew this was the 900 pound gorilla of the summer movie season, but a $132 million opening weekend is mind blowing. Everybody - and I mean everybody - is apparently going to see this. I knew there was a reason I stayed away from theatres this weekend ;-)

What's even more surprising is that this is in spite of some pretty lackluster reviews of the film. Obviously, the surprise factor of the first one is gone, but some reviewers didn't like it anyway. However, I don't know what it is as I haven't seen it yet, but I've read that the ending is worth the price of admission alone and I think I read somewhere to be sure to stay through the credits too.

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie, but with crowds like this, it'll be a week or two before I brave the high seas adventure known as the awful movie theatre going experience...

Comments on "Pirates 2 Breaks Records"

 

post a comment