Sunday, July 02, 2006

Oh Canada, Don't Tax Break My Heart...

Well, Happy Canada Day...for yesterday...or something like that. We get a huge, mega tax break too! Oh thank you, oh noble, honest, and generous Government for bestowing us lowly working minions with a whole 1 percent off the GST. Bet you politicians felt really good doing that too, thinking it was something special. All the while, every Canadian who read that in the paper wound up thankful for national health care as we pulled muscles we didn't even know existed from laughing so hard. That's called a tax break?! Get real. Abolishing the GST altogether - now that would have been something special...

Anyway, what else we got? After that great Spider-Man 3 trailer, I spent a couple hours reading the comic history of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, MJ, and Venom on the Wikipedia site. I least now I know what some of those shots in the trailer mean and where they come from. Here's betting that Spider-Man 3 will be bigger next year than Superman Returns is this year...should be a great flick...Want to go see Superman Returns too...but will have to make sure I've got close to 3 hours for it. It runs 157 minutes. That's the kind of time X-Men 3 should have had.

Got my Walker Season 1 DVD set from Amazon.com...cheaper than around here. Fun watching the early shows again in quality DVD. They spared no expense on the set too - not one special feature or extra, and not even animated menus or music on them. You get the shows and thats it. I wouldn've liked to see outtakes or something. With all the karate chops, there has to be clips of things going wrong :) The first couple seasons were good and a lot of fun to watch. They even embedded some story lines that would have been interesting to see play out (except for Larue, they never did.) Somewhere along the line things changed, and the show eventually wound up being a parody of itself near the end. At any rate, I can now watch the early shows whenever I want...

Speaking of which, I wish I could come up with an economical system where I could convert and store seasons of these shows digitally and be able to pick from them and watch a show at a moments notice...without getting out the DVD and wading through the opening FVI warnings and logos crap. It be nice to have a season of Rockford, Miami Vice, Walker, Angel, Firefly and so on available on a hard drive or something with a TV output and just be able to quickly pick an episode and go. That and have the DVD quality. I don't want to rip it and lose quality in the process. That'd take some massive Hard Drive space, I bet. Maybe it's time to dig a little deeper into Myth TV...sounds like that might have potential...

Comments on "Oh Canada, Don't Tax Break My Heart..."

 

post a comment