Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A New Tune...

Huh...everytime I'm ready to write off Toby Keith as a one-note singer and a one-trick pony with radio friendly but ear bleeding 'nothing' tunes like "Get Drunk and Be Somebody", he comes along with a helluva good country song out of nowhere. This time around it's his new song "A Little Too Late." Love the song, hate the video though. It's fine and all, but plenty stupid. Regardless, the song is good and perfect for the 2am truck drive home...

It's a little too late
I'm a little too gone
I'm a little too tired of this hangin' on
So I'm lettin' go
While I'm still strong enough to
It's got a little too sad
I'm a little too blue
It's a little too bad
You were too good to be true
I'm big-time over you, baby
It's a little too late

No, I don't wanna talk about
What we can do about us anymore
Only time you will be wastin'
Is the time it takes
To walk right out that door
Yea, talk about water under the bridge
You should know by now, girl
That's all this is

There was a time
This heart 'a mine
Would take you back
Everytime, don't you know
That's been two packs of cigarettes
A sleepless night
A nervous wreck
A day ago
Hey, you ain't got no business
Comin' around
I'm closin' up shop
Shuttin' us down

I'm big-time over you, baby
It's a little too late

A Little Too Late by Toby Keith
(Toby Keith/Scotty Emerick/Dean Dillon)

Comments on "A New Tune..."

 

post a comment