Sunday, March 12, 2006

First Trip to Theatre Since October...

Well, went and saw the flick Ultraviolet today...and it was ok. You pretty much know what you're getting with a movie like this, so to expect more is expecting too much. I really liked the morphing comic book covers used to show the opening credits. I thought it was a fun, colorful, action movie with a good enough plot to keep you more or less interested. The action scenes were done well, though like I read somewhere else, Kill Bill did some similar action better. Milla Jovovich's Violet and the Lab guy Garth were the most interesting. There was obviously something there between the characters - shame they didn't explore it more.

It was a fun movie, although its nothing that's going to stick with you after. Knowing that it was originally meant to be R, and was downgraded to PG-13, I couldn't help thinking while I watched the movie that there was probably a much better movie lying somewhere on a cutting room floor...

Comments on "First Trip to Theatre Since October..."

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 13, 2006 4:50 PM) : 

yeah, that sums it up. fun, but forgettable. I'm waiting for the DVD of Aeon Flux, then I'll be able to compare the two...

 

post a comment