Thursday, February 16, 2006

Late Night Olympics...

Watching some womens’s Olympic speed skating here. Interesting to watch, but even more interesting when they wipe out. (“It’s called ice, and it gets a little slick!”) This one skater just touched the other girl, and they both slid out and proceeded to crash into the padded walls around the rink. Actually, it looked kind of fun…

What doesn’t look like fun are the downhill skier’s wipeouts they’re replaying at the moment. A couple women wiped out in spectacular fashion – ouch. The one is actually back and going to ski anyway with the help of some painkillers. They say it’s so cold the snow squeaks when you walk on it causing the skiers a lot of difficulty on their runs.

Here’s hoping I get some more sleep tonight. Sounded like they were building the Taj Mahal or something in my building today. Of course, I already knew they were shutting the water off for 7 hours today (that’s what the notice said), so I figured they were up to something. Then we finally got cold water back 8 hours after they started, and hot water back 11 hours after they started. (yeah, color me surprised. It’s par for the course with them.) 4 hours over what they said it was going to be was rather disappointing, but still, I’m just glad to have water…

Comments on "Late Night Olympics..."

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (February 16, 2006 3:07 PM) : 

Yeah, Canadians rule!
Sorry, don't know how to contact him as, like I said, I only know who he is indirectly through a couple other people.

He's got talent, that's for sure, and I think he's only going to get better. Let's keep cheering him on (and Curtis Sanford too :)

btw, I posted more comments on your blog including a link to a post game interview with Dennis. Here's the link through Megauploads servers if anyone else wants it (should work for a minimum of 30 days):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG7FD32D

 

post a comment