Thursday, February 16, 2006

More Bourne - Please Get A Better Director...

Well, this is hardly a shock. Apparently, they’re looking at more than 3 Bourne films with Matt Damon. Possibly 5. It was very, very apparent from the last one that they were looking at spawning a franchise as opposed to being faithful to the books. Within the first two movies, they have systematically killed off everyone that mattered from the books except for Bourne. I assumed they did this not for the story, but to get rid of continuity and recurring actor’s salaries so that they could build a faceless franchise akin to Bond. I really, really liked the first one – the Bourne Identity – and really, really disliked the second one. The direction the writers went with the story was bad enough, but the director change and subsequent addiction to “shaky cam realism” absolutely killed it for me. Oh, and I still have no idea what Julia Stiles is doing in these movies, let alone getting a key role in the 3rd one...

On a different note, uou can check out the new French one sheet poster for Pirates of the Caribbean 2 here. It looks good. This is just a hunch, but I have a feeling this just might be the hit of the summer and blow both X3 and Superman Returns out of the water at the box office. The first one was a complete sleeper hit, so if it’s even half as good, there are a lot of people who’ll go to see this…

Comments on "More Bourne - Please Get A Better Director..."

 

Blogger Jill Pole said ... (February 16, 2006 8:05 PM) : 

Yeah - the Bourne thing is not a surpise. Although, speaking as someone who read the books so long ago that I forgot them, I kind of like the Julia Stiles character. I'm glad she's going to be a bigger character. She's so intrigued with Jason...
That's probably me being pretty girly, but hey - that's my life. :-) Just don't kill her!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (February 17, 2006 4:36 AM) : 

I don't think they can afford to kill her off - who'd they have left? :)

 

post a comment