Friday, December 09, 2005

Stream of Consciousness, Part 2

Really looks cool out there...snow falling, just more and more and more of it coming down...a still, cold night...makes me glad for this big picture window I can stare out of...watch the traffic on the highway, the snow going earthbound, and the tall evergreens turning half white in the process. Been thinkin' of how I was thinking back the last time I saw a scene like this out this window...probably back in February or so...and all the things that have changed in my life since then...went through a lot of crap and managed to get really lucky on top of it and somehow came out of it in one piece...now its heading into Christmas time again for another year and I'm probably in the closest to decent shape I've been in a long time, which isn't saying much, but it's certainly good enough...like that line from the old Kris Kristofferson song Me and Bobby McGee - "Feeling good was good enough for me"...life is so much more than the next paycheque and trying to satisfy a situation that can't be pleased and living with that stress...sure, it's going to take a while for me to figure it out and get myself back on track, but at least I'm thinking about the right things again and learning how to let things go and be amused by the people who can't figure me out...it's been a helluva trip through the last ten years and I can appreciate the irony of winding up almost right back at where I started, but now a totally different person than when I first started out...not better, just different...and now winter's back and I'm glad I survived the blasted summer heat yet again so I can enjoy the cleansing cold and I'm thankful to God and the good ones that helped me make it...so here's to snowy nights, lasting memories, and hanging on for the next ride through whatever the next ten years throw at me...

Here's to the corners yet to turn
Here's to the bridges yet to burn
Here's to the whole thing blown apart
It's open season on my heart...

I've tried to change without much luck
I reach a point where I get stuck
I hit the streets, the fireworks start
It's open season on my heart...

I can't be something that I'm not
I can't give the things I haven't got
I don't know where or what or when
I only know the shape I'm in...

Here's turning heartaches into art
It's open season on my heart...

Open Season On My Heart
sung by Tim McGraw
written by Rodney Crowell / James T. Slater

Comments on "Stream of Consciousness, Part 2"

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (December 10, 2005 1:36 PM) : 

Thanks...

Yeah, I was surprised, though I shouldn't have been, that Rodney Crowell wrote the song when I looked at the lyrics. I don't know how many times I've looked at lyrics of a song I like, regardless of who recorded it, and found out it was a Crowell penned tune. He's always been a prolific writer...

 

post a comment