Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Here and There...

Went out with a friend for a bit...walked around Chapters and each grabbed a new book out of the bargain section. Mine was fiction, her's was decidedly not. I liked the title of what I found - Murder In The Hearse Degree. Looks interesting, about an undertaker named Hitchcock Sewell that pokes his nose into mystery cases he probably shouldn't. Flipped through it and it looks like a good sarcastic sense of humor running through the character as well. Hope it's good - always fun to find a hidden gem in the bargain books, especially for seven bucks instead of thirty.

Caught a bit of Letterman and they did a fun comedy bit where somebody punched out Dr. Phil. Classic. Wonder how they got him to do that. Gotta say though, that Craig Ferguson has the best monologue of the late night bits. His show is a lot of fun, and I don't think he's afraid to ad libt. He was quite "chatty" on the show tonight :)

Apple has released Leopard 10.5.2. Ooooh, a service pack for OS X! Oh wait, that's Windows talk, this is an update. Guess it fixes a bunch of bugs and gives a choice of folders and stacks which seemed to really bug people. A lot of other stuff got updated, but I guess the reports are iCal is still screwy. I'm still on Tiger, so it doesn't matter much to me. I like Tiger, seems nice and solid. Talk to me when Leopard gets to 10.5.5.

And apparently the writers strike is supposed to be over soon, so our fave TV shows can get back on track. Yeah, right. some were probably cancelled, and a lot won't be back till fall. 24 might not be back till 2009. The TV landscape won't be back to normal for some time, and let's not forget the actors could still strike in the summer and I'd imagine that would have an effect for both TV and movies. Then again, the level of acting we're getting in the weekly box office champs wouldn't be missed anyway.

Comments on "Here and There..."

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (February 13, 2008 11:55 AM) : 

I'm way behind on the OS -- mine's still 10.4.11. On the other hand, most of what I do on this machine doesn't even begin to tap into what's available. Being the word and photography geek that I am, most of what's on here concerns pictures and writing. Yeah, I watch the occasional DVD, burn the occasional CD, but I haven't explored all the possibilities since I first purchased the computer back in Spring 2007. Love the widescreen monitor, and the neatness and compactness of Apple products. Fantabulous.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (February 14, 2008 3:34 AM) : 

Definitely dig the Apple goodness myself, although I'm on the little Mac Mini and an old 17 inch monitor. I'm still hanging on to see if they come out with a redesign of the MacBook Pro. Then I may have a decision to make.

 

post a comment