Saturday, February 09, 2008

Trailer Hitch

Valentine's Day doth approacheth. Normally, I couldn't care less. It's a day marked on the calendar for the strict purpose of selling stuff to the masses. Corporations want your money, and they'll create a holiday to do it. What, you think cinnamon hearts are going to eat themselves?

Anyway, back to the point. This year, I'll be marking the day on the calendar. Why, you might ask? Have I fallen into smitten, wallet-thinning, love? No, of course not. I still have control of my faculties. No, the reason is that according to word going 'round the net, the trailer for Indiana Jones 4 (official title has something to do with a crystal and a skull and a kingdom and a treasure...it's bloody long, so we'll just go with Indy 4) is going to hit the world that day. So that actually makes the day worth something.

Now, I don't have the nostalgia attachment to Indy like most folks. However, it's been a long dry winter as far as movie hype has gone, and us web geeks need a trailer to obsess over. (ok, the Batman trailer was way cool, but what have you done for me lately, Apple Trailer site?) Besides, I like this last gasp rash of returning heroes to the big screen. Stallone, Willis, and Ford coming back to show 'em how it's done. Let's just hope it's good.

Comments on "Trailer Hitch"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (February 11, 2008 12:01 PM) : 

Where have I been, not to know that Crystal Skull hits theaters the 14th?

(No, cinnamon hearts won't eat themselves--that's cannibalism--but they might go after the red-and-pink candy corn on the next shelf, or those sugary, pastel hearts with the silly messages stamped on them.)

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (February 12, 2008 1:57 AM) : 

Not the movie, just the first trailer. And the trailer should be online by 9 in the morning, I think I read.

LOL on the hearts quip. But if the cinnamon hearts went all homicidal on the pastel message hearts, I don't think they'd be missed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 12, 2008 5:59 AM) : 

The real question is, would the cinnamon hearts be stronger or milder after the crime??

Inquiring minds want to know!

 

post a comment