Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Microsoft Prepping To Take On Open Source

Microsoft Prepping To Take On Open Source

Looks like Micro$oft is trying to take over the open source community yet again. Time to support the Penguin I guess.

And for the love of all things that are good and free, don't buy Microsoft Office ever again. Go get OpenOffice. Just as good, and as I just recently found out, about $700 cheaper.

Comments on "Microsoft Prepping To Take On Open Source"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 15, 2007 1:50 PM) : 

Oh goodness.

For month's I've been saying I need to switch to Linux but I think the time has finally come.

I've had about enough.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 15, 2007 2:33 PM) : 

Exactly. Enough is enough. I'm either going with a MAC soon or will have to learn Linux. Either way, I gotta learn something new. Nuts to Microsoft...

 

Blogger Kaj Kandler said ... (May 16, 2007 10:07 AM) : 

Microsoft has a strange way to try to push open source aside. It took them a while to acknowledge that the ability to archive documents over the long term in non proprietary formats is a legitimate user requirement.

But they are still not realizing that control over the source of software is of the same quality.

K<o>
Busy, supporting non technical users of OpenOffice

 

post a comment