Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Tooth Is Out There...

Got the pain in the jaw tooth pulled today. Went well, as these things can I suppose. After a shot or two of freezing, dentist got in there to push and pull it back and forth to loosen it before the yank out, and I grunted in some pain at the one push. He stopped and was gonna give me some more freezing, but I wouldn't have it. I knew he had to be close, and what do I want with another needle at that point? So I just said "I'm fine. Keep going. Keep. Going." So he did, and out it came. That's a relief. Once it heals up a bit, hopefully I can drink cold water again.

So, as I pretty much spent the rest of the day taking it easy, swapping a couple gauzes in and out, I watched some hockey, some TV, and the movie The Prestige. Good movie that one. Keeps you interested right through to the end with excellent performances from Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman showing the high cost of those character's obsession and rivalry. I'm surprised it didn't have any Oscar noms. I thought it was better than best picture winner The Departed.

Then I threw in a DVD of season 3 of The Rockford Files. Can't go wrong with some Rockford to end the day...

Comments on "The Tooth Is Out There..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 17, 2007 2:07 PM) : 

Good to hear that things are healing up! Good choice with the movie and the show too! I love a good episode of "The Rockford Files". Haven't seen that in a while!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (April 17, 2007 4:57 PM) : 

Thanks! and gotta love the Rockford - best PI ever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 17, 2007 10:14 PM) : 

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Tooth pain is no fun at all.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (April 18, 2007 5:55 AM) : 

Thanks, LRU. Yeah, don't like the tooth pain, glad its gone.

 

post a comment