Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Vista's A Tool...

Interesting article here about someone trying the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor - a program from the Microsoft website. It's supposed to go through your system and tell you what needs to be upgraded to run the white elephant known as Vista. To say the least, the Advisor program appears to be bug ridden itself. That doesn't bode well. It crashes, and appears to be more sales pitch than actual tool. What a surprise.

Frankly, I'm amazed anybody is going to the trouble to upgrade. XP is still working good enough - more or less, and there's got to be better alternatives than Vista...cough, cough, Linux, cough, cough. I'm gonna have to learn Linux apparently, because with Windows going all DRM crazy with Vista, I don't know if I'll ever upgrade.

And I'm not a Mac user, but those Mac commercials are great. Especially this one about upgrading to Vista - major surgery indeed.

Comments on "Vista's A Tool..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 24, 2007 4:54 PM) : 

We've been using Vista since November and the hubby finally gave up on it last weekend. Too many problems he says. Not what you want to hear from a new product.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (January 25, 2007 5:33 AM) : 

nope, that can't be good, although I can't say that I'm surprised.

 

post a comment