Sunday, April 30, 2006

Soap In My Eyes, I Can't See The Point...

Have you seen the Old Spice High Endurance Body Wash commercial where the man is taking a shower while the woman is putting on her makeup in the bathroom, and she asks him which of her friends he’d really like to “be with,” were it possible. She says she won’t get mad, she’s just curious. Wisely, the man says absolutely nothing, while she starts suggesting names. The voice over guy comes on then extolling the greatness of said body wash and then wraps it up with the line “Don’t you wish everything were that simple?” or something like that.

Now, I see the point of the commercial, but going back to the initial question from the woman – why do women ask “baiting” questions like that? Trying to pick a fight? There is absolutely nothing good that could come from such a conversation. The thought that went through my head was that if I was that guy, I’d have probably laughed and said “Hmm, I was wrong.” She would then have wondered what I meant and I would have said something like, “I used to think there were no stupid questions. I was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.”

Comments on "Soap In My Eyes, I Can't See The Point..."

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 01, 2006 2:28 AM) : 

Odds are against it, but if Seinfeld couldn't do it after George's brilliant but doomed roommate switch plan, what makes mere Body Wash guy think he can :)

 

post a comment