Sunday, April 30, 2006

Yeah, Good Luck With That...

So, last night on Jay Leno, Hugh Jackman (aka, Wolverine) was scheduled to appear. Wanted to see that, but had to work, so I set my computer to record it. I did my shift, came home, and opened the mpg file. Nothin’ but gray static. Oops. I apparently setup my WinTV2000 software wrong on the last rebuild. I managed to fix that, but alas, no Wolverine…

So, time for plan B. Thanks to timeshifting on my cable, I had another chance to see it at 2:00 in the morning. So, I fixed the software, and prepared to record it. This time around it was a success. It was a good interview, and then they showed a clip from X-Men 3: The Last Stand . [Possible Spoilers ahead, unless you’ve already seen the trailer] I wasn’t sure I wanted to see any clips yet, so I watched about 5 seconds and quickly realized what they were going to show, which was the extended fastball special sequence that can be seen in the trailer highlights. So, the first time through, I looked away – didn’t want to spoil it…

But now, I have a problem. I have a X3 clip on my hard drive…and I can’t resist…must see the fastball special…opening Media Player…watching clip…and it’s great! Fantastic Wolverine line in there too. If this is any indication of the movie, it’s gonna rock. Watched the clip many times over, and it’s a very cool sequence. (also, check out Rogue in uniform on the X-team. Nice ;-) The only downside is Halle Berry as Storm yelling out “Logan!” every 5 seconds. Oh well, can’t have everything.

By the way, the clip hit the net in record time. If you haven’t seen it and want to, thanks to some links at ComingSoon.net, you can view or download the clip. If you like YouTube, you can watch it here. Or if you want to download a high quality clip that uses the Xvid codec, you can download the clip from MegaUploads here. The clip seems to run fine in Windows Media Player even without installing any special codecs. Both those options require Flash, it would seem, so if that fails, I might be able to upload it via SendFile if there are any requests…

Can’t wait for May 26 – just one more month to go…

Comments on "Yeah, Good Luck With That..."

 

post a comment