Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'll Take Some Aluminum Foil & A Hat To Match

So, the other night I’m sitting here, doing nothing exciting, when a good friend of mine calls me up. To protect the innocent in this funny story, I shall call this friend…um…let’s see…ah yes, Bruno. I shall call this friend “Bruno.” Also, to protect the innocent, I shall simply refer to Bruno as “It” whenever pronoun usage is called for.

So, the phone rings and I answer it. Bruno is on the other end of the line, laughingly worrying that It has gone out of It’s mind. As It relayed the story to me, it was revealed that Bruno was leaving work, walking to the car, and saw a circular ‘light’, of a sort, somewhere at a height that can best be described as tree level. As Bruno didn’t know others around all that well, It kept this info to Itself. There were only two other cars in the garage area, and nobody else was around. Thinking it might be a promo “Batman” like spot light from a nearby street, Bruno shrugged it off and started driving. Something caught Bruno’s eye, and wouldn’t you know it, this light had followed the car down the street and was doing (from what I could gather – the cell phone connection sucked) a circular following pattern. By now, Bruno had removed the earpiece of the cellphone, and any other reflective items It could think of, and was now starting to get weirded out. There was no logical explanation at this point.

So, Bruno calls me, the Eaglewing, and relays the story. I jokingly asked Bruno if It was wearing an aluminum foil hat. Unfortunately, no foil was to be had, so whatever this light entity was, it had a clear shot at ‘hearing’ our conversation. (haha). So, I asked Bruno to take another look out the window of the car and see if it was still about. Bruno was reluctant, as It wasn’t sure It wanted to see the light again :) So, I worked up some good mojo, and told Bruno that It now had the power of the Eaglewing on the line (or was it air? Two cell phones and all), so don’t worry about it, and take a look.

Sadly, the light was gone. Throughout the rest of the conversation, it did not reappear and Bruno reached home safely and light free. Neither one of us could come up with any suggestion as to what it could have been. Light spots in the eye? Optical illusion? A reflection? Nothing added up, and planes and spotlights and such could be ruled out because of the height. I don’t doubt Bruno’s story. If Bruno said there was a hovering light to see, there was a hovering light to see. Bruno can be a ‘fun wacky’ sort, but Bruno is not crazy. Any suggestions what could cause something like that?

Anyway, we both had a good laugh about it, and it was Bruno’s suggestion the story wind up on the blog. A weird thing to be sure, but it kind of made my night ;-) If you read this Bruno, feel free to comment if I’ve got any details wrong. Either way, it’ll be chalked up as one more, of many, interesting tales in the life of my good friend Bruno…

Comments on "I'll Take Some Aluminum Foil & A Hat To Match"

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (April 09, 2006 1:27 PM) : 

thanks for the grammar lesson...

as for the light, I'm thinking spherical from an unknown source? I'm not sure, I wasn't there. Apparently, there are theories rolling about, so we shall see...

 

post a comment