Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"Best 12 Bucks I Ever Spent."

So, watched one of my all time favorite movies last night, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, and felt a bit better after that...well, better in a gotta-get-outta-here kind of way. How could you not after one of THE best opening sequences of a movie ever - Rourke on his custom designed Harley riding through the desert to the tune of Bon Jovi's 'Wanted Dead or Alive'. Looked great on my LCD computer monitor with the lights all off and the speakers turned up. Luckily my ears were good enough for that - nothing quite like the sound of a Harley...

Loved the rain today...always have like the rain - it beats the sun. Really poured when I drove in to work...but what's with drivers nowadays, anyway? A little rain and people start merging onto the expressway doing 50 klicks. Going too slow is sometimes just as hazardous as going too fast. People coming up behind expecting them to merge at flow speed have to slam on the brakes and those trying to merge as well behind the slowpoke don't know what the heck the driver's doing and have to now merge into an even tighter spot thanks to the newly created bottle neck. As my driver instructor told me many years ago - "If you're gonna go, Go. Don't hesitate halfway through."

Elsewhere, from the "That's going to leave a mark" files, did anyone see diver Chelsea Davis try an inward 2 1/2 somersault in the tuck position and kinda misjudge it? I've only seen the pics and read about it on the 'net, but man, that had to hurt. She wound up smacking the bridge of her nose on the edge of the diving board, and gravity did the rest. Guess she was a bloody mess when they took her out of there, but only required some stitches and didn't even break her nose. Lucky girl, 'cause that could have been much worse. I'm surprised though that it doesn't happen more often. If you've ever watched these divers, they cut it mighty close sometimes. I guess the odds finally caught up with the risk...



Oh, and before I sign off for this post, a shout out to Vicki B. (who put up a nice reply to the Coffee post a few back) and who is hopefully currently enjoying a vacation in southern Ontario. We're all glad you're here, but I hope you can find some fun in the excellent timing of landing in what feels like the humidex capital of the world - home to mosquitos, heat, quilts, longjohns (the kind you eat), and the occasional dachwaglay (that's gotta be close - Google wasn't much help, and I know I got the roof part right...).



Anyway, need to go home now and ring myself out...

Comments on ""Best 12 Bucks I Ever Spent.""

 

post a comment