Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Back Again...

Well, long time, no post. Finally starting to feel better from that flu, and I didn't even get the worst of it. Nasty thing going around, hope it stays clear of me for a while...

The Comic fan in me is starting to get excited...Sin City opens in 10 days and I am barely able to wait...then today, Xmen 3 movie confirmed the new director and opening day (May 26/06), so let the rumors and gossip on the message boards I frequent kick into high gear...plus, Brian Singer has started shooting Superman Returns, due out June '06. So this year we get Sin City (probably going to be the best of the lot if you like dark film noir like I do), Batman Begins (trailer looks good), Fantastic Four (jury still out for me - this looks like it could go either way), and V for Vendetta and Serenity (from the Firefly TV show) in the fall...then next year we get X3 (yeah!), Superman Returns (interesting), Hulk 2 (really?), Watchmen (better get it right) Plus, word is that Punisher 2, Nick Fury, Preacher, and a Wolverine movie (better not mess this one up!) are all in the works. Cool for me, but having this as a hobby soaks up a lot of time on the net reading all the rumors...kinda fun though :)

Ok, so what else is new? Having some time off sick, I got to watch some TV I hadn't been able to see for a while. Always liked the show CSI, but working nights, I wasn't able to watch. However, I found Showcase and Spike networks are burning through reruns of the show, along with CSI Miami, so I've been able to watch some of these eps. I like the original CSI the best, as the characters are more interesting and in a weird way seems more grounded. CSI Miami is more 'cop show with forensics' instead of the more science/profiling focused CSI. Still a cool show tho, and David Caruso is fun to watch even if he tends to state the obvious too often :) Still, the actor who plays Grissom on CSI is my favorite character to follow. He's all about the evidence, rarely letting conjecture or personal feelings get involved in the cases. Still, stuff does get to him, which is why he rides roller coasters :) Also, the actor who plays Grissom, William Peterson, was also the actor in the movie Manhunter, and was excellent in that movie about profiling. I remember we watched that movie in my college profiling class and then discussed. It was petty interesting. Speaking of college, the forensics class I took was my favorite. Got to do and learn some cool stuff. (you could smash a pane of glass and I could put it back together and tell you what side you were standing on when you broke it...or you could fire a few rounds through a window and I could tell you which bullet was fired first and the impact order...then there's blood splatters telling the tale of where the victim and attacker were during the old fave 'blunt object' attack...smoke and burn marks telling the tale of where a fire started...I could go on...man, that was a cool class :) That's probably why I enjoy the CSI shows. However, considering my job experience with video, I laugh my ass off every time they get a video clip on the show, take it to the lab guy, and get a perfect picture of a face, or a face via a reflection (!), or a license plate. I don't think so, people. Maybe, just maybe, if you're NASA, but it doesn't work that way in the real world...

Speaking of the real world, time to get back to mine...
later

Comments on "Back Again..."

 

post a comment