Monday, March 14, 2005

Flashback...

...So the other day, I was cruising the Yahoo Launch Music site and went to the Chris Ledoux page. There was a link for 'Chris Ledoux Radio', so I started that. Had a really solid mix of good songs, with more Ledoux songs than others. However, this one song came on I hadn't heard in years, and with the first few guitar strums, I instantly recognized it from a long time ago, and quickly started an audio recording program I have on my computer and recorded the song to MP3 while it played. I had a weird deja vu moment - I was back in my old bedroom in 1990 dashing for my old tape deck to tape it off the radio. Only this time it was more high tech ;-) Anyway, great song...good memory...

Now I'm standing at the crossroads in life, and I don't know where to go.
You know you've got my heart babe, but my music's got my soul.
Let me play it one more time, I'll tell the truth and make it rhyme,
And hope they understand me.

REFRAIN
Now I lay me down to sleep...
I pray the Lord my soul to keep...
If I die before I wake...feed Jake,
he's been a good dog,
My best friend, right through it all...
if I die before I wake...
Feed Jake...
(Feed Jake, by The Pirates of the Mississippi, 1990)

Comments on "Flashback..."

 

post a comment