Friday, September 07, 2007

Good, Bad, and Ugly...

Well, this sucks. First a bump up in hours - which is good - then I of course get sick four days before my quarterly kidney checkup - which is bad - then 2 movies I have been anxiously waiting to see open on the same weekend and I can't go see them - which is ugly.

On the up side, I took one day off from work and managed to get sick, get a wicked sore throat, get worse, get a fever, sleep all day, break the fever, get some more sleep, and get back to work for a half shift all inside 24 hours. Weird. But at least I'm getting better - I think.

So I can't go to the theatre this weekend, gotta rest for the checkup on Monday, then with my night shifts I can't go for the rest of the week. Besides, I could catch a flu bug or something in a crowded theatre anyway - oh wait, got that covered already. I guess it'll be another week before I can catch 3:10 To Yuma and Shoot 'Em Up. After a dismal summer of movies, I was looking forward to these two. Of course they'd both come out on the same weekend that I can't go.

So, instead, I'll keep working through my sizable (with lots of unseen) DVD collection. Tonight I watched The Driver. Cool movie - a couple good car chases the way they should be done - no CGI. Cool characters, minimal dialogue, and good driving. Worth checking out.

And now back to bed to power rest before the next shift...

Comments on "Good, Bad, and Ugly..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 07, 2007 4:02 AM) : 

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear you caught the bug! Isn't that the way things always work out though?

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (September 07, 2007 11:47 PM) : 

thanks. yeah, that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess. oh well, more time for dvd :)

 

post a comment