Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Seven Up Cops

I've never heard of this movie, but I've got to track down the DVD. A 70's Cop thriller, "The Seven Ups" is apparently about a detective in an elite New York City unit (the Seven Ups, I guess) trying to find out who killed his partner, but stumbling on something bigger.

What caught my attention was this fantastic car chase sequence I found on YouTube. It's pretty good car tire squealing action and a slam bang finish.

Comments on "Seven Up Cops"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 22, 2007 6:29 PM) : 

Oh man!

Excellent, excellent find!

I think one of the reasons these classic car chases are still so good is because of the sound. You just don't get cars that sound like those American muscle cars anymore. That revving is enough to get your heart pumping!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (August 22, 2007 10:23 PM) : 

thanks. and I think you're right about the sound. The engines and the street level sound realism don't seem to be there in today's cinema car chases - not to mention the overuse of CGI. That roaring sound really gets you into the scene.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 25, 2007 1:13 AM) : 

The chase was better than the movie, I must say. It fit well in the movie, but the rest was a series of scenes with little talking, meaningful stares, and shoddy police work.

I kept thinking, "Man, they didn't talk much in the 70's did they?" :-)

The chase was great though! But a smarter driver would have gone around the truck on the right hand side, just in time to let the bad guys steer into it instead. :-)

Maybe I expect too much of action heros...

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (August 27, 2007 1:38 AM) : 

Thanks for the tip on the movie. I can now save the cash...
As for the end of the chase, I thought he was lucky to keep his head. Don't see too many chases end like that for the cop. Still if he had been looking a little further ahead, he might have seen it coming...

 

post a comment