Friday, December 15, 2006

Here and There...

The Die Hard 4 trailer is out. You can watch it from YouTube over on The Movie Blog, or download it in glorious Quicktime from Movie-List here via CinemaBlend. I don’t know – it seems ok, but it doesn’t give me the excitement level I was hoping for. A clearly CGI shot, no dialogue from Bruce, and a lame ass title (Live Free or Die Hard), work against it. Of course, it’s just a teaser, so I’m hoping a full trailer will come out that gets me excited. They have to make this worth the Die Hard name, and not just another action flick. Bruce Willis will be fine in this, I’m sure, it’s the director I’m worried about. The teaser doesn’t jump at you and yell “Die Hard Movie!!! Yippie-Kay-Ay!!!”. It just lacks the look and feel of a Die Hard movie, and if we’re talking look and feel, you have to blame the director. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Bruce saves the movie and the world in Die Hard 4.

Watched the end of The Lost Room the other night. It was an interesting sci-fi mystery, with more mystery than anything really. I thought it was pretty good, although I didn’t quite get the ending. I mean, it kinda made sense, but since I didn’t see the first part, maybe I missed something. Peter Krause and Julianna Margulies did very well in it though, so if this shows up on DVD sometime, I’ll probably check the thing out again in whole.

And this is just plain cool. The US third successful hand transplant patient is recovering well and is ‘right on track’ with the therapy. He’s looking forward to throwing a ball. Wow. Transplanting a hand and having it work is just amazing…

Comments on "Here and There..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 15, 2006 6:19 PM) : 

I actually really enjoyed the teaser trailer for Die Hard 4 (I refuse to use the lame title).

As for "The Lost Room", I saw the last hour of the first episode and the first hour of the second but I missed the rest. Seemed interesting enough. I'm going to keep my eye out for a DVD down the road.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (December 18, 2006 3:06 AM) : 

The Die Hard 4 teaser was ok, I guess, but just something seemed off to me. Maybe I'll like the full trailer more...

Oh, and if the 'Mac' guy is McClane's son, wouldn't he know that he'd done that kind of thing before? What was with that question? Unless he's not playing the son anymore. I may have missed a memo...

 

post a comment