Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Random Thoughts

Found an article over at themovieblog.com that lets us know to be sure to stay through the end credits of the upcoming X-Men 3 movie. There’ll be a short 30 second bit at the very end about one of the characters. I usually do, but it’s always good to know these things…

Spending some time lately (actually wasting too much :) viewing videos over at youtube.com. All kinds of interesting stuff posted up there. Saw some clips of concert footage from the current Faith Hill / Tim McGraw concerts and a bit from a Gary Allan concert (the video takers shake like they’re gonna have a stroke, but the odd clear shot was good) and found some music videos as well. My favorite was watching some of the old episode bits and interviews from The Daily Show. I love that show, but I really liked it back a couple years when it was a little more comedic and less political and he had more celebrities on than political types. Some of those interviews were hilarious, especially when the guest went with it. The guests usually know anything goes on those interviews, and it often winds up as comedy gold. The old one with Jeri Ryan where Jon just didn’t have it together was funny as hell – she seemed somewhat bewildered but was laughing the whole time. And I remember seeing the interview he did with two of the Spice Girls (Baby and Posh, I believe), and Posh clearly didn’t get it at all and was straight faced through the whole thing while Jon clearly knew it and poured on the sarcasm. (“You didn’t notice the sarcasm? I’m dripping in it – I’m going to need a sarcasm shower after this.”) And of course the Sandra Bullock interviews were great too. Brought back memories of watching that show 4 or 5 years ago when I’d get home from dialysis. It always gave me a laugh…

And kudos to the Dixie Chicks for somehow simultaneously praising Bruce Springsteen and slamming the show The View in one sentence in a recent Time magazine interview. I was flipping through the channels and was going to flip past The View as usual (make it stop! :) when I managed to flip past just as one of them said “Dixie Chicks”, so I flipped back and watched as they all got bent out of shape by the Chicks comments. Then they went on to proclaim themselves responsible for launching the Chicks career just because they appeared on the show back in ’98. That’s a bit of a stretch – even for Star Jones! (rimshot! :) Then one of the other ones (someone called her Joy?) said it was ok to diss the President, but it’s just wrong to diss a fellow woman’s show. Wow. I don’t think the bit was supposed to be comedic, but I was laughing. I may not get their new video, but it looks like Natalie Maines of the Chicks is taking their new single’s title quite literally (Not Ready To Make Nice) as she continues to tick people off…

Speaking of the Chicks, they appeared on Letterman last night and sang the new single and did a fine job, but the highlight of the show was the cooking segment with Dave and Martha Stewart. It was classic. I was howling with laughter as Dave was in fine form as he “helped” cook up a mashed potato and meatloaf cake thing. The way he went at the potatoes to mash them with that mixer (spinning beater thing? – I don’t know cooking utensils :) was great with bits flying everywhere. Then he ate the butter (and got Martha to take a bite too!) and drank the wine too. Truly a funny segment…

Comments on "Random Thoughts"

 

post a comment