Friday, May 19, 2006

I See A Brick...

So, it’s Friday and I do what I do every Friday – hit the ‘net to check my local movie listings and see what’s playing in my area. Well, in a nice surprise for me, I see that the movie Brick is FINALLY playing at a theatre in this neck of the woods. With any luck, my ears are good enough to go see it on Sunday or Monday. I’ll probably post a review about it too, when I’ve seen it. :)

Now sure, it’s an indie flick, so I’m not surprised that the local uber megaplexes won’t show it, but come on – it’s been two months since it’s release date and it finally makes it here thanks to the fact we have a smaller ‘art house’ theatre.

I’ve posted before on how I prefer watching a DVD at home to the ‘bad and getting worse’ theatre experience, but this year I had a grand total of 3 movies on my must see in the theatre list:


After those 3, there are more than a few that I’d like to catch, but if I miss them at the theatre I’m not going to be torn up about it. I’ll wait for the DVD. X3 and Miami Vice are in the blockbuster category, so the only concern I have about seeing those is timing it right that I can see it in a half empty theatre. But the trailer for Brick was just so cool, unique, and original that I couldn’t wait to see it and was really disappointed that it wasn’t in theatres around here. That is until today. After an up and down week, that’s a real fine way to start a weekend.

Comments on "I See A Brick..."

 

post a comment