Thursday, May 03, 2007

DiCaprio In a Michael Mann Noir?

Mann Looking to Reteam with DiCaprio - ComingSoon.net

This could be good. Michael Mann is looking to direct a '30s era noir starring Leo DiCaprio as the Private Detective investigating whether a film starlet murdered her husband. The article says sources indicate it is a strong script in the vein of LA Confidential. If that's the case, sign me up.

I'm not sure I see Leo as a classic noir PI, but he can certainly act, so I think he can pull it off. And I always enjoy Mann directed films. I loved last years Miami Vice movie, even though a lot of people panned it, and Heat is one of my all time favorites. It will be very interesting to see how Mann does a period piece.

Comments on "DiCaprio In a Michael Mann Noir?"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (May 03, 2007 12:01 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 03, 2007 12:01 PM) : 

I liked bits of Miami Vice but Collateral and Heat are both excellent.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 04, 2007 5:16 AM) : 

No kidding, not to mention the music Mann always uses. Wonder what his soundtrack to a 30s noir will be like?

 

post a comment