Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get Yer Trailers!

Some Quicktime trailers to pass along here…

For a noir fan like me, there’s a couple interesting noir-esque movies coming out soon. First up is The Lookout (download trailer here) this coming weekend, featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Looks like a solid crime caper with focus on the characters, and its getting good reviews so far.

Coming April 13 is the movie Lonely Hearts. (download trailer here) Starring John Travolta as a cop trying to track down the Lonely Hearts killers – Salma Hayek and Jared Leto. It’s set in the ‘40s, so I’ll see it just for the cars, although the trailer looks really good.

Further out is the Ray Liotta movie Slow Burn (download the HD trailer here). Looks like a good twisty thriller, and Liotta is always worth watching.

Elsewhere, there’s the Resident Evil: Extinction movie coming in the fall. (download the trailer here). Featuring a Las Vegas buried under sand, it looks like it might be a decent throwaway zombie actioner. Hey, its got Ali Larter in it, so why not? The sand setting and the zoom in shot on Jovovich does make it look a little like a Mummy ripoff, but nobody was actually looking for an original idea here, right?

And finally, there’s the Waitress movie (download HD trailer here). There’s only one reason I’m even posting about this – Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal!) is in it. That’s not enough to get me to watch this movie though. It stars Keri Russel as a small town diner waitress, but the trailer looks boring as all get out. I’m not sure if it’s trying to be a romantic comedy or a whiny drama, but it misfires on both sides of that coin. There’s no funny, and there’s no drama. Who would pay to watch this? Poor Nathan – I really, really, hope his new series on Fox (Drive) is a hit, because he deserves better than this…

Comments on "Get Yer Trailers!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 29, 2007 1:51 PM) : 

Great list. I *still* haven't seen "Brick" though I think I'll need to make a special trip to the video store since I'm going to see "The Lookout" on Monday night. I know, they're not sequels or anything but I'd like to see both...

As for "Waitress", I'm also sold on Fillion but I'll give it a chance because I do like Keri Russel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 29, 2007 1:52 PM) : 

oops. Anonymous was me.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 30, 2007 2:20 AM) : 

Oh, you gotta see Brick! :) hope your rental store has it. Precious few copies at my Blockbuster.

As for Waitress, I like all the actors well enough, but I'm not sure what the story is going for or why. Maybe its just the trailer...

 

post a comment