Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Trailer Hitches...

Read somewhere today that MI:3 won an award for best trailer. What?! Sure, it was a good trailer, but it wasn't award worthy. What trailers were these people watching? It certainly wasn't the trailers for Brick or Miami Vice or even Ultraviolet (sure, the movie had its faults, but that trailer was great).

If they're giving out awards for trailers, they should be focusing on trailers that make you want to see the movie, cause that's their job. Especially for bad movies. They should also give out awards for trailers that are good that actually use clips from the movie. I hate it when I see clips in the trailer that aren't in the movie. Yes, I'm looking at you, A Man Apart (yes, I'm not letting that go - that still burns my toast :), Mr. and Mrs. Smith (I wanted to see Brad Pitt firing a machine gun while riding a tricycle :), and even X-Men 3 (they take out a truer Wolverine dialogue moment of "she might not come back, are you ready for that?" for a Cyclops-esque ra-ra "We are the X-Men" speech...Why?).

Obviously, what this comes down to, is that they should run all trailer and movie making decisions past me first... ;-)

Comments on "Trailer Hitches..."

 

post a comment